January 02, 2008
A New Year begins...
2007, a year of great importance for this little site known as W-Cinema (it marks the year of its foundation, as well as the one of the release of the "Horror 101" book), is finally over and a new one begins. I wasn't really into new releases last year (only saw 13!), although I did managed to go to the cinema at least once a month, so probably if I were to make a Top 10 list of 2007 films, it probably wouldn't be really representative (not because there wasn't anything interesting, it's just that my main concern right now is the history of film).
Anyways, this entry has no other purpouse than to wish those few who dare to read this blog (and I thank you sincerely for that) a most excellent new year and I hope this place remains of your preferance. Be sure that hopefully, more reviews will appear here and the site will return to its frantic initial pace.
See you at the movies.
P.S. This were the 13 film released on 2007 that I managed to see, ordered by preference (as you see, there aren't really any surprising film other than the first one, which I'm convinced it's a masterpiece):
1) Zodiac (2007, David Fincher)
2) Stardust (2007, Matthew Vaughn)
3) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007, David Yates)
4) Beowulf (2007, Robert Zemeckis)
5) The Simpsons Movie (2007, David Silverman)
6) Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007, Gore Verbinski)
7) 1408 (2007, Mikael Håfström)
8) Enchanted (2007, Kevin Lima)
9) The Golden Compass (2007, Chris Weitz)
10) Shrek the Third (2007, Chris Miller & Raman Hui)
11) Ghost Rider (2007, Mark Steven Johnson)
12) Transformers (2007, Michael Bay)
13) National Treasure: Book of Secrets (2007, Jon Turteltaub)